Saturday 7 June 2014

Revlon Parfumerie nail polishes in Ginger Melon, Bordeaux, African Tea Rose and China Flower review & swatches


Revlon Parfumerie nail polishes are my new obsession. Thank goodness the shade range is limited and there are a couple that don't interest me at all so I seem to have achieved the final status of my collection.
What I like about the polishes is their elegant packaging, vivid shades, long-lasting scent and opaque colour, though their performance varies depending on each particular shade and the brush is too narrow to apply the polish in maximum 3 strokes. 


Ginger Melon is a shade that looks different in different lighting conditions and refuses to photograph nicely. Generally, it looks like a pastel pink with salmon undertones, but its shade ranges from coral to neon pink.
The application of this polish was difficult. The shade is opaque but the polish does not level itself out very well. The result is darker bolder spots and uneven surface of the nail. I applied three coats which didn't make things better but prolonged drying time. Not my favourite in the whole bunch.


Bordeaux, on the other hand, represents much better quality. It's a lovely wine shade that doesn't reflect my current mood much, but I can see myself reaching for it regularly in the autumn. It was fully opaque in two coats, although the consistency is on the thick side, it levelled itself nicely. The polish wore extremely well for almost a week, showing no signs of shrinking, chipping nor fading.


African Tea Rose is a pink shade with purple undertones which may be interpreted as a take on the radiant orchid trend. There's some shimmer discernible in the bottle which is invisible on the nail but adds dimension to the finish. This shade doesn't reflect my style at all, but it screams summer to me and it matches my skin tone very well. It is also one of the best quality polishes within the range.


And finally, the queen of the range, China Flower.


China Flower has the strongest, rose scent of all which lingered on for two days at least and at first made me wonder what smelled so nice around me and I was stunned to discover it was actually my nail polish. The shade is a bright, warm red with pink undertones. Not the kind of red I normally go for, but it looks so nice, optimistic and  fun. The quality is amazing with its opacity and lasting power.




Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

2 comments:

  1. I hope I can find these in drugstores around here. They look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are gorgeous, but the shade range is a bit limited.

      Delete