Friday 24 October 2014

Caudalie Beauty Elixir review


I've recently become obsessed with face mists. I never thought it appropriate to use them but since this year's summer I've been using them on bare skin, as the first stage of my skincare, over make up, during the day when the need arises or just because I feel like spritzing my face with something. 


Caudalie Beauty Elixir represents a much higher price tag than the mists I've used so far, but the difference in quality is immediately noticeable, though there are a number of issues which can make this product a controversial one. 
First of all, this is the only mist I've used that can actually be called a mist. All the others were spritzes. The pump distributes such incredibly fine mist which feels weightless on the skin, doesn't make it dripping wet, absorbs instantly. It's a great pleasure to use. 
  
Now comes the controversial bit. This product has a very strong fragrance. Very strong. It's comparable to perfume, lingers on for hours on clothes. So beware. I don't mind perfumed cosmetics but I'm not normally a fan of herbal fragrances as they often have this medicinal twist, but this patricular concoction is actually very nice. Mint, camphor and rosemary are the dominant notes. The perfume is 100% natural. 

The second thing is that the ingredients mentioned above tend to be serious irritants for sensitive skin. Nothing has ever happened to mine, but there's this strong tingling sensation that makes me quite uneasy. 

And finally, the product is alcohol based. My skin reacts well to alcohol, but I know that many have problems with that. But what I'd really like to attract your attention to is the fact that alcohol is marked as an ingredient of plant origin. I don't know how to comment upon this. It seems to me that alcohol is generally of plant origin and here we're tricked into believing that it's some kind of organic alcohol, though the word organic is never mentioned.

Having read this review you might be under the impression that I didn't like the product. You couldn't be more wrong. If I'd based my opinion on my subjective impression, resulting from the pleasure of using this product, it would  have received an enthusiastic review. Investigating the list of ingredients spoilt the feeling a bit, but I'm going to repurchase for sure because this is the best mist I've used so far.


Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment